The Anguilla Foundation Act of 2008 makes provision for these main types of revocable or irrevocable offshore foundations:
Offshore foundations are best suited for holding assets for family, business, philanthropic or charitable uses, but its function is not limited and can be used for commercial activity as well (through the use of corporate interest — companies, shares of companies — held by the foundation).
Anguilla Foundations Requirements:
- Must have a foundation council, with at least one member.
- Individual or corporate members are permitted. We offer the services of nominee member.
- There are no taxes on Anguilla foundations.
- There is no requirement for stamp or capital gain tax on foundations in Anguilla.
- There is no restriction on the accumulation of income on offshore foundations in Anguilla.
- The Anguilla foundations cannot involve any property or interest or assets in Anguilla but the foundation can hold interest in offshore companies or other offshore entities.
- The foundation can be either revocable or irrevocable.
- Anguilla foundations may own and trade in other shares or open bank accounts.
- The founders can themselves be named as beneficiaries. (Though, when done, the asset protection coverage weakens since the settlor reverts to becoming the legal owner of the assets.)
- Must have a registered agent with a local address in Anguilla.
- Must have a resident secretary.
- The minimum endowment value is US$10, 000.
- The name of the foundation must end in foundation or FDN, or the equivalent in another accepted language.
Anguilla International Foundation — Required Information
Once the draft of the Declaration of Establishment (DOE) is prepared, the foundation is registered using an extract document that is based on the DOE contents. Although the DOE is signed by the founder/s and the founder anyone else may contribute assets to the foundation.
The DOE for the Anguilla foundations must contain:
- Name of the foundation
- Name and address of founder
- The purpose of the foundation
- Name and address of registered agent
- Name and address of council member/s
- Initial endowment value
- Provisions for management and administration
Though the actual document registered merely contains the name, the purpose and the registered agent information.
You can only apply to form an international foundation through us online.
We are here to set up an international offshore foundation for you.
Anguilla Foundation Formation Procedure
You need to fill the application form on the page below.
We will check the name availability for your foundation and let you know about the results via e-mail and may require additional information from you and answer your questions if you have any.
When you are ready we will need a copy of an identity document for the Settlor. At the same time we will raise an invoice, which you have to pay by the method you choose (We accept Visa and MasterCard; wire transfer; Western Union or Money Gram. We will proceed with the foundation registration after we receive the necessary information and payment.
The process of foundation registration normally takes three working days. You will receive the Charter and Certificate of Registration by courier post. The delivery time varies depending upon your location.