The Nevis Multiform Foundations Ordinance 2004 is a trademark foundation unique in that the foundations can mutate its form/purpose. In fact it is a multipurpose foundation that incorporates the characteristic of various entities (companies, trusts, partnership and private foundations) with the traditional foundation enabling the foundation to act as both a holding entity and a commercial entity.
Unlike other offshore foundation which are ideal for holding assets for family, business, philanthropic or charitable uses, when configured appropriately, the Nevis foundation can also be used as a vehicle for commercial, business, trade activity directly, unlike other regular offshore foundations where such activities are inert and revenue is generated from contributions, gifts or passive investment activity.
Nevis Foundation Requirements:
- Must have a management board with at least one member.
- Must have by laws written.
- Individual or corporate members are permitted. We offer the services of nominee member.
- There are no taxes on Nevis foundations.
- There is no requirement for stamp or capital gain tax on foundations in Nevis.
- There is no restriction on the accumulation of income on offshore foundations in Nevis.
- The Nevis foundations cannot involve any property or interest or assets in Nevis but the foundation can hold interest in offshore companies or other offshore entities.
- The foundation can be either revocable or irrevocable.
- Nevis multiform foundations may own and trade in other shares or open bank accounts.
- Must have a registered agent with a local address in Nevis.
- Must have a resident secretary.
- The name of the foundation must end in foundation or FDN, or the equivalent in another accepted language, and must include a name ending indicative of the multipurpose foundation: Company foundation, trust foundation, Partnership FDN as examples.
Nevis International Foundation — Required Information
Once the draft of the Memorandum of Establishment DOE is prepared, the foundation is registered using an extract document that is based on the DOE contents. While the DOE is signed by the founder/s and the founder anyone else may contribute assets to the foundation.
The DOE for the Nevis foundation contains:
- Name of the foundation
- Name of subscriber or promoter
- The purpose of the foundation
- The multiform particulars of eth foundation
- Name and address of registered agent
- Name and address of council member/s
- Initial subscription value
- The duration of the foundation
- Provisions for management and administration
Though the actual document registered merely contains the name, the purpose and the registered agent information, and council member details.
You can only apply to form an international foundation through us online.
We are here to set up an international offshore foundation for you.
Nevis Foundation Formation Procedure
You need to fill the application form on the page below.
We will check the name availability for your foundation and let you know about the results via e-mail and may require additional information from you and answer your questions if you have any.
When you are ready we will need a copy of an identity document for the Settlor. At the same time we will raise an invoice, which you have to pay by the method you choose (We accept Visa and MasterCard; wire transfer; Western Union or Money Gram. We will proceed with the foundation registration after we receive the necessary information and payment.
The process of foundation registration normally takes three working days. You will receive the Charter of foundation and Certificate of Registration by courier post. The delivery time varies depending upon your location.